How can I repair my freezer which is leaking to the refrigerator?

+2
  • J Brown J Brown on Jul 22, 2019

Assuming you have a top freezer over refrigerator. This is usually a sign of a clogged condensate line. There are lots of videos on you tube find the one that is for your refrigerator as there are some variables. Google "clogged freezer condensate line"

It's an EASY fix and yo can do it.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jul 22, 2019

If you are still in need of help, call the manufacturer's hot line, they have help standing by for just customer support. Have ready the make and model numbers.

• Betsy Betsy on Jul 22, 2019

Hi Vm: If your freezer is leaking into your fridge, them I'm thinking that maybe warm air is getting into your freezer, or you don't have the dial set up high enough. Check the rubber seal around the edges of the door. One way to do this is to close the door on a dollar bill. Then, pull the bill. If it is hard to pull out, then the seal is good in that spot. If it slides out easily, then the seal is bad in that spot. Go all around the seal, checking it. What you can do to fix it is to put a hair dryer on high heat onto that part of the seal and try squeezing it back into shape with your fingers. Do that all the way around the seal. Then, put a thin layer of Vaseline on the door and seal. If that doesn't do it, you may have to get a new seal. Very easy to fix. Lift the edge of the seal and you should see screws holding the seal onto the door. Remove the seal and hustle to the home improvement store, Home Depot carries them, with your seal and get a new one. Then, just screw the new one in. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking is the problem. Put a thin layer of Vaseline on the new seal and door, too. This keeps it from sticking and keeps it flexible. Re-apply a couple of times a year. Good luck

• Dee Dee on Jul 25, 2019

Look to see if the bottom of the freezer has iced over. If so, it could have iced over the hole where the water goes from defrosting the self serv freezer. I have had that problem. I took out my bottom basket and used a hair dryer to defrost the ice. Then poured very HOT water down the hole to clean it out. Worked like a charm.

• Daisy  of Dogpatch Daisy of Dogpatch on Jul 28, 2019

I solved the problem by sitting a celery keeper in the back of the refrigerator