I have a started brick retaining wall....

+2
What can I do to be able to use mortar with the brick I have to add, when temperatures are near or below freezing?

• Pg Pg on Dec 12, 2017
    I would wait for warmer weather. Perhaps someone at Loew's or Home Depot could advise you of a way.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 12, 2017
    Agreed, just wait until you're sure it won't freeze, that will destroy your work. If you want you can create a "shelter" over it using tarps and outdoor propane heaters but I would wait for warmer weather.

• It is too cold, your mortar will freeze before it sets up properly. Unless you can enclose and heat the area up significantly, I would wait for warmer weather.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 12, 2017
    Leave it till it warms back up.

• Sallie Wolff Sallie Wolff on Dec 12, 2017
    Unfortunately when it is near freezing out you will not be able to use mortar as the moisture in the brick would be frozen and unable to bond correctly. Sorry one more thing to put off till spring when the weather is warmer.