Installing a 220 volt outlet

+2
I want to run a 220 live from my existing breaker box will be running line about twenty feet. Usage is for a 220 outlet for a clothes dryer.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 19, 2017
    I would suggest that you hire an electrician for this. You really have to know about electricity or you can harm yourself very badly with 220.

• Doug Fike Doug Fike on Dec 19, 2017
    If you do not have electrical experience I too would recommend a licensed electrician.

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Dec 19, 2017
    I would hire an electrician, this is not a safe diy project

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 19, 2017
    If you are not electrically certified or have had electric training, you should let a professional do it. Even if you manage to connect something without hurting yourself getting shocked, if it is not installed properly it could cause a house fire. Find a good electrician. If you are short on cash, sometimes neighbors who are trained in trades will barter for work for each other. In other words they exchange their particular labor for someone else to come do work for them. Be sure they are certified and truly a responsible professional. Then offer to do something for them for trade that you know how to do and spend the time to work off their help for you. You may need to give more hours if your trade is not worth as much per hour. Hope this helps.

• Peter Peter on Dec 19, 2017
    I've done plenty of 120 Volt service changes.. 220 is a whole other animal! And dryer service may need special grounding / 3 phase... etc.
    For your safety (you did ask from inexperience), Leave It To Others!