Can I use longer nails to replace the hardware on my cabinets

+3
Replacing hinges on all my doors

• Sarah Sota Sarah Sota on Dec 13, 2017
    NO!!! Do NOT use nails. Use screws. If the old ones were loose ,use one size bigger around. Carry one of the old screws to the hardware store and ask for the next size up. The clerk knows what you need.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 13, 2017
    Hinges should have screws, not nails. Nails probably wouldn't hold well to use. If the holes are too big, go to your local home improvement store and get filler to fill the holes, an associate should be able to help you get the one you need. Once that has dried, you should be able to put the screws into the same holes. Make sure you ask the associate about how you do it so that it will come out right. I hope this helps! Have a great Holiday season!

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Dec 13, 2017
    No - you must use screws.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 14, 2017
    I agree with the above- you're going to want to use nails for hinges.

• Deborah Parliament Deborah Parliament on Dec 14, 2017
    If the holes are too big for a decent size screw, put a couple of toothpicks in the hole, break them off at the edge and then screw your screw in. This will make them nice and tight.