How do you make a drawer open out smooth?

+4
When I pull the drawer out, I have to tug on it to get it open.

• What type of hardware do you have? Beeswax might help.

• Frances Dzuris Frances Dzuris on Dec 19, 2017
    or, run a bar of soap along the bottom edge of the drawer.

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 19, 2017
    wax the drawer under side i have this trouble occasionally with a wood dresser. there are the wooden glides, not the metal ones in place. paraffin wax is what i use.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 19, 2017
    Look first for obstructions, of course. Then remove the drawer if you can, or place yourself where you reach the bottom of the drawer. Look at the railings to see if they are loose or not centered. There are little screws or glue that should keep them straight. Sand the railings, wood sides and bottom with fine sandpaper. Use a damp cloth the clean any sawdust or metal or plastic shavings. Then use furniture wax or an old candle to wax all edges and railing. You may have to sand and wax the top of the drawer as well as the bottom. Best wishes 😇

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 19, 2017
    Run a bar of soap or wax along the sides and slides.

• Betty Johnson Betty Johnson on Dec 20, 2017
    Thank you everyone for your answer. I forgot to put what type of drawer it was. It's all wood and no rails of any kind. I will use the soap and go on from there if that doesn't work. Again thank you. Merry Christmas!

• Edie Edie on Dec 20, 2017
    Silicone spray! I use on very old wood drawers .