How to lower a bed by cutting off legs?

Afkalupa
by Afkalupa
+2
I have a four poster mahogany bed frame that holds my bed up high. what is the best way to lower it. I'm thinking of cutting off the legs

• First make sure that this isn't a valuable piece of furniture, or an antique. Youll destroy the value by altering it.
    You can try lowering where the frame is attached to the head and foot board if it is screwed in. If not, cutting may be your best option but you'll have to make sure the cuts are perfectly flat and of equal distance on all the legs.

• Piyumi Nanayakkara Piyumi Nanayakkara on Jul 06, 2017
    If you're lowering it to make it easier to climb up/down in that case I would use a small step and use the space underneath the bed for storage.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jul 06, 2017
    I would hate to alter a 4 poster that may be valuable by cutting off the legs. I would take it apart and lower the metal bars that the mattress rests on. If you can't so that, there are steps for beds that sit by the side of the bed. If you can't find them on-line look for dog steps for beds.

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jul 06, 2017
    She's Crafty is correct . I would consider using a step stool or ramp before altering the bed that drastically .