Please help can this be fixed

+5
damage due to something hot kept on the table
q please help can this be fixed
q please help can this be fixed
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 01, 2018
    What is it? Bubble of water under plaster due to a leak? Ceiling? indoor or out? Has problem been addressed above? Do you own property? Do you have insurance?

• Div32278527 Div32278527 on Jan 01, 2018
      first picture is a close view of the damage on the dining table due to keeping something hot. indoor table made up of wood and painted silver!

• Jan Jan on Jan 01, 2018
    What is the table made of?

• Jan Jan on Jan 01, 2018
    If it’s painted wood, I would probably sand and re-paint. Perhaps paint thinner (or something similar) could soften the paint and then it would level out as I dried??? Good luck 😁

• Oberlinmom Oberlinmom on Jan 01, 2018
    I agree it looks like a sand and repaint job. The wood under the blister may have raised up so you'll have to sand it down. To do a good leveling job you will probably have to repaint the whole table.

I would suggest the table was stripped back to smooth wood if you feel unable to face doing it yourself,call in a Carpenter to take it down to wood for you. then seal and re finished with primer, undercoat and topcoat. If you have insurance , call them in. If none of the above appeals, cover in ceramic tiles and grout and then edge.

• Gracie Gracie on Jan 01, 2018
    You have to sand everything down until the damage is gone and then seal it and refinish it. Sand the entire table top - not just the damaged area.