How to keep water pipes from freezing?

live outside Chgo and have a 2 story home built into a hill. So first floor is in hill which has concrete foundation with water pipes there. I have used good insulation on back wall and I let faucets drip but pipes still freeze. How can I permanenetly stop pipes from freezing.

• Janerose Janerose on Jan 28, 2019

there are heated coils you can but to put around the pipes..

• Julie Julie on Jan 28, 2019

Thank you Janerose for taking the time. I am aware of those but since it is a finished area with drywall I suppose I could do that and figure something out but it might be kinda funky.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jan 28, 2019

It's much colder where you are than here but when we have freezing temperatures they say to let the water run a thin stream rather than drip. The drip isn't enough water flow to keep from freezing. We put a spot light on a potential pipe freeze situation with no problems. It's around 20 degrees and no heat in the room where we put the light.