how do I attach Roman Shades to a hollow metal door, what will hold th

Bev M
by Bev M
the brackets in place, screws wont hold?
  6 answers
  • 3po3 3po3 on Mar 15, 2012
    You should be able to use small toggle bolts or wall anchors, which have little wings that grab the back of the surface. Take the brackets and ask for the right size at your local hardware store.
  • Great advice Steve! He is absolutely correct, Home Depot & hardware stores sell them, just tell them what it is for. If you do not use the proper anchors it will come out of the door, especially due to the movement. Also, you will need to pre-drill a pilot hole with a smaller size drill bit that is made for metal (also sold at the above stores). Good luck with the project, you can do it if I can!!!LOL
  • Bev M Bev M on Mar 16, 2012
    thanks Lee Ann.....
  • Stacey nagle Stacey nagle on Mar 11, 2015
    magnetic brackets ,they do sell them.or just buy strong magnets and rig your own
  • Charlotte Belange Charlotte Belange on Jun 07, 2015
    They also have magnet rods that stick out a little bit if fab is to heavy add more mags.
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Jun 29, 2015
    They sell heavy-duty magnetic curtain rods/towel bars. Don't get the cheapest type. No need to tweak them or add more magnets, which is cheaper in the long run.