How do I get rid on condinsation on the inside of my windows?

+2
  • Bijous Bijous on Dec 08, 2017
    As you know, this occurs when cold meets heat on a surface. A barrier between the cold and heat of the house may help. A heavy curtain, a plastic film seal, replacing with double windows. Years ago I used paper bags and blocked the window completely. They helped some. Good luck.

• Christina Yates Christina Yates on Dec 08, 2017
    If it's between double glazing then there's no cure other than replacing the glass. The only cure is ventilation but if that's not on then in UK you can buy boxes of products which help to suck up moisture and put a strip of towelling on the sill to soak it up before it damages the wood etc

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 08, 2017
    You have too much moisture in your home. You could purchase a dehumidifier which will help. Too much moisture could lead to mold which is very unhealthy.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 08, 2017
    The condensation is from the cold glass meeting the warm moisture in your home. In cold areas this turns to frost inside the windows. The only way to prevent it is to put clear plastic kits on each window. You can purchase them at Walmart

• William William on Dec 08, 2017
    Christina is correct. If it's between double pane glass the seal failed and the inert gas, usually Argon, has leaked out and air has gotten in. Replace the glass panels not the whole window. is the only solution. I know Ace Hardware sells double glass panels and they also install. If it's single pane glass then go with Lenora's suggestion and install the clear plastic window kits on the inside. Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Menard's, Ace Hardware sell them.