Any reuse ideas for plastic measuring cups inside detergent box?

Ethel Holland
by Ethel Holland
  • Princess Summer Princess Summer on Jun 23, 2018

YES ETHEL I SAVE MINE, I BOUGHT THE TALL PLASTIC STORAGE CONTAINERS FROM DOLLAR TREE. THEY WILL HOLD THE FIVE (5) LB BAGS OF FLOUR MEAL, SUGAR, AND GRITS, & AFTER A GOOD WASHING REMOVING THE DETERGENT SMELL OFF, I PUT THEM IN CONTAINER AND USE FOR SCOOPS. HOPE THIS WAS USEFUL ETHEL. MS.B

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jun 23, 2018

I use some as scoops in my canisters. I can scoop out 2-1/2 scoops for each pot of coffee, scoop out a little sugar or flour without messing up a spoon that has to be washed...or scoop out rice to fill up a measuring cup.

The others I put in the GoodWill box because some people might want one or can use these as little mixing bowls for paint! Those HT folks use everything.

• Connie Quine Connie Quine on Jun 23, 2018

They are the right size for starting plant seedlings! Put a little soil in there, plant your seeds, keep watered or put a drainage hole and set in a shallow bowl of a couple of table spoons of water, turn another measuring cup over the top, and use it as a mini terrerium! Happy gardening!

• I use them in canisters for rice, pasta, oatmeal, cereal and the grand kids love to play with them in the sand box. Hope this gives you some ideas.

• Cand Cand on Jun 24, 2018

I use them as scoops like oatmeal and dry goods.

• Ethel Holland Ethel Holland on Jun 27, 2018

Thanks to all! I don’t know why I didn’t think of these ideas. I’m using all suggestions that were given.

• Alison Savill Alison Savill on Jun 27, 2018

Go on YouTube to so many ideas

comment photo
    comment photo
    comment photo
    comment photo
    comment photo
    comment photo
    comment photo
    comment photo
    comment photo
    comment photo
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jan 15, 2023

I use mine to start seeds, if I get too many I just recycle them.