What can I do with old landscape bricks?

+2
I have about 50 gray color bricks that are solid and measure 15x5x4 Has anyone ever had good luck painting bricks? I would like to incorporate them on my wood deck. But even somewhere in the landscape any ideas would be so welcome.

Thanks hometalkers!
  • Judy True Judy True on Apr 02, 2017
    Hi! Deb: take 1 of you bricks to Lowes; Home Depot, Menards; etc. Wash it 1st w/ dawn & water. so it is clean & dry/ Most Concrete Pint will color bricks (like the ones used on walk ways). How about a fire pit; barbeque; planter boxes w/ drop in plastic bens to hold soil plants, etc. Good Luck Judy

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Apr 02, 2017
    You can turn them into a planter!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 02, 2017
    Planters,firepits,lawn or garden edging.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Apr 03, 2017
    I saw someone make a birdbath using bricks as the base. It was a great garden piece!

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Apr 06, 2017
    The only thing about painting brick is that if you intend to put it on the ground or out in the weather, it will peal and look bad. But there are stains that add color but are not paint. My sister used it on her covered front porch and it was great.