How to Build a Firepit - DIY Design

$80

You can build a great firepit for all to enjoy in less than 30 minutes and for under $80!
It's easy to build a firepit in just minutes with some pavers and a fire bowl. In this case, it literally took longer to go pick up the supplies than it did to actually put it all together. Best of all, it's not a permanent fixture, so you can move it around if you need to.
If you are building this firepit on grass, you will want to be sure to dig out for the space. In this case, the fire pit was built right on top of the concrete patio by stacking pavers in a circle. Many people has asked if the heat from the fire could crack the concrete. We have not had any problems at all with this one since we are using a firebowl and stacked it high enough off the ground. The pavers are not adhered together so it still lets air breathe through the stones.
For a 35" firebowl as we used in this project, we needed 48 pavers and stacked them 4 layers high.
Easy to move if needed, simple and inexpensive!
Once you stack your pavers, drop in the firebowl, add some spark and you're ready to go! I recommend of course building this in an open area so there are no trees directly above the fire. All of our supplies came from Lowe's and even after 3 years, the firepit is still holding up beautifully!

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Ellora at Creatively Southern

• Charitie Drye

Where did you find the fire bowl? Could you update and add a buy list of your materials?

• Wanda

We live in a rainy area. What do we do when fire bowl becomes full of water?

• Deanne Tranter Atwood

I would drill a hole in the bottom of the bowl. It the bricks are not cemented together the water will just drain normally.

• SG

Can we build this on a vinyl coated wood patio deck? Should we fill the pit with any sand before putting the fire bowl in the pit?

Will the surface underneath the fire bowl get heated up?

• Jackie

I set a fire bowl with leg on concrete blocks with space between on a wooden deck. The heat went trough the paver and scored the deck. Lesson learned

• Edyie Curley Sweet

I love it! I have one that I paid a fortune for with iron legs! I hit it with my husbands truck! Oooops! Lol being trying to figure out what to do with bowl!! Thank you so much!!!

• Linda Adams

Total cost