BrightNest
BrightNest
  • Denver, CO

Reuse Tea Bags to Clean Your Toilet

You've probably heard that a hot cup of Earl Gray is good for your body and soothes your soul, but did you know that it can also help you make a greener home? Reusing tea for these common household tasks is a great way to avoid using chemical-based cleaning products (and save some money, while you're at it).
1) Remove toilet stains. To remove ugly stains from the bottom of your toilet bowl, throw a few used tea bags into the toilet and let them sit for several minutes (if your stains are really bad, give it some extra time). When the bags are flushed down the toilet, the stains will go with them!
More tips: https://brightnest.com/todos/go-green-by-reusing-tea
reuse tea bags, cleaning tips, go green
BrightNest

• Hillela G.

What a great idea! Especially considering how much tea I drink every day. My question is- do you have to worry about clogging the pipes?

• Emt9031931

Don't throw that many in! And you can always remove the tea leaves from the bags. Snip the bag and gently turn inside out into a bowl. ( I use a plastic candy jar with a screw top)

• Emt9031931

Oh, and use the bag part to remove cooked on gunk on you stove top.

• ForMeToo

What is removing the stains? The tea or the bags? How? I'd be concerned with clogging the toilet.

• Emt9031931

It's the enzymes in the tea from the fermenting of the raw tea leaves

• Rba30136887

Do you have to flush the tea bags or let them dry and reuse them to make ice tea for hot afternoons?
  • Vickie Walters

how do you clean rust stains in my toilet?