10 Amazing Kitchen Updates on a Dime

565K Views
Looking to update your kitchen? Here's 10 fabulous updates you can do for under $100 (some for FREE) to spice up your kitchen and make make it fit your style. From framed backsplashes to a 5 minute lighting update, here's 10 ideas you can tackle today!
  • 10 amazing kitchen updates on a dime, home decor, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design
This chalkboard wall cost $15 to create, and we use it for a monthly calendar, menu board, and doodle area for the kids.
Framed prints (and old map and recipe card) add interest to the backsplash without costing a dime.
Updating hardware is a super easy to way to modernize cabinets and other fixtures.
Open shelves + accessories = lots of color and details!
An outdoor rug (used indoors) adds color and durability to our hardwood floors. Plus, a soft place to play for my kiddos as I make dinner.
FIVE MINUTES. These pendant lights screw into existing recessed lighting fixtures and can take just a few minutes to install. Huge bang for your buck!

Suggested materials for this project:

Carrie MakingLemonade

• Jan B
      Jan B Bay City, MI

Went to your blog and checked out all the kitchen ideas. We are retirees living in Michigan, and our children both live in Texas. We are taking the next 11 months to "spif up" the house (as inexpensively as possible, no major overhauls.) We intend to list our home in Feb. of 2014. Your idea of new knobs and drawer pulls is one that we already have decided to do. Will be checking out other things on your blog for other ideas. I will add that neither of us is very "handy" so if we don't feel competant to do it we let our friend/handyman tackle it for us. Fortunately, his rates are very reasonable.

• Kelly S
        Kelly S Bremerton, WA

We have added knobs to the drawers and the pendant lights we used were relatively inexpensive, $40 each. I tiled the backsplash while my husband was traveling. I just need to "finish" the edges of the backsplash.