Atta Girl Amy
Atta Girl Amy
  • Greensboro, NC

Schoolhouse Inspired Vintage Christmas Porch Decorations

I think our front porch is one of the most welcoming spaces in our home.
It's definitely one of my favorite spaces to decorate for the various seasons and the holidays. When friends come to visit us, I want them to feel welcome and invited as soon as they step foot on our front steps.
This Christmas, I went all out decorating the front porch in shades of black, white and red, with lots of vintage items
christmas porch decorations schoolhouse inspired vintage, christmas decorations, porches, repurposing upcycling
A gorgeous black-and-white buffet that I rescued from a junk shop and painted this summer was the inspiration for our red and black Christmas porch. The buffet reminds me of a chalkboard, so I decided to use some chalkboard decorations on the porch for the holidays.
I love all the chalkboard ornaments and details I was able to use on our front porch for Christmas. The black and white really pops when you combine it with traditional Christmas reds and greens.
I'm a sucker for anything vintage. I shop yard sales and junk shops and antique stores year round for items I can use in my decorating. I look for things like lanterns and ice skates and sleds and anything else that strikes my fancy.
We spend a lot of time on our front porch and also love to entertain here. Thank goodness we live in North Carolina where the weather isn't too cold. A mug of hot chocolate helps!
I added a whimsical touch to our two topiary trees at the front door. The snowman hats make acorable tree toppers! And I love how the oversized chalkboard and plaid bow looks on our wreath!
A vintage bench gets cozy with a black-and-white cushion, a buffalo check blanket and vintage and chalkboard pillows. Our cat, Felix, loves napping here. (I don't love cleaning up the cat hair!)
A vintage sled, skates and a greenhouse made from old windows.
My son and the other kids in the neighborhood love having snowball fights with these plush snowballs. We keep them at the ready in a vintage olive bucket.
I used chalk markers on shatterproof black Christmas balls to make these chalkboard ornaments hanging from a garland above our front door.
A vintage-look red lantern and a snowman sit on one end of the buffet.
The first year we lived in our house, we didn't do much outdoor decorating for Christmas. I just switched out the pillows and hung a few wreaths. I think the space is much more inviting now.
Atta Girl Amy