Help with male dogs peeing on shrubs.

+12
Last fall my awesome husband put a dozen little shrubs in the ground, it seems my two male dogs and a friends male dog like to mark them. I am wondering what I could do if anything to prevent them from doing this. The areas where they mark are brown and black. I am worried they are going to kill the shurbs before they get a chance to grow up and give us the privacy I am hoping to get between us and our neighbors. I recall reading online that I could mix jalapeno peppers with water in a mixer and spray it on the shrubs, that once the dogs smell it they will stop marking them. Any help or ideas are very gratefull. Thank you all. I can try to post pics if needed.
q help with male dogs peeing on shrubs, gardening, pest control, this is what is happening to the shrubs I still see some green growing toward the inside of branches
this is what is happening to the shrubs.. I still see some green growing toward the inside of branches.