Baby Girl’s Whimsical Nursery

I finally completed my daughter Olivia’s nursery. Shamefully, I only began this nursery design two weeks before she was born. Of course, it was nearly impossible to finish before her arrival. Olivia who is now 10 weeks old is almost ready to transition to her own room hence why I needed a kick in the butt to get this done!
baby girl s whimsical nursery, bedroom ideas, home decor
My inspiration all began with this charming wallpaper. This print reminds me of a fairy tale enchanted forest where everything is magical and it’s the norm for over-sized talking animals to join you for a garden tea party. . . is it obvious I watched Alice and Wonderland one too many times as a child 🙂
The great thing about this accent wallpaper is that this printed silhouette is still chic and subtle enough for Olivia to grow with. Something that was definitely high on my priority list. You can view more about the wallpaper from my week 1 post
In my make-believe enchanted forest, the trees are draped with the prettiest of flowers so naturally, it’s only fitting to add some to this space. Since the crib is fairly neutral against the wallpaper, I wanted to make it pop with a little art work from Minted and my very own DIY flower mobile.
As we continue through my fairy tale world, there’s always a quaint little house. To mimic this idea, I created a house silhouette on the wall with pink paint which acts as the backdrop for Olivia’s crafting nook.
Last but not least, Olivia’s dresser which incorporates the wood tones and also doubles as her change station. These simple DIY triangle shelves also make great wall displays.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
To view more about this nursery, please visit Pink Little Notebook's post
Sabrina

• Carla Venegas Dicks

Do you have the measurements for the triangle shelves?

• Mary

I bought alsmost thr identical triangles at Kmart for $5

• Renee

Do you know the name of the dresser you purchased from Wayfair?

• Sabrina

If you click the link to my blog, there are direct links to the products used in the nursery

• Carly

I love the wall paper, what is the color paint you used with it?

• Heather58

What a beautiful room you have created for your darling daughter!

• Vallie Cross

So elegant and beautiful. I LOVE the wallpaper, also. My daughter and I loved to read Olivia books together...