What is this flower?

+13
It came with some ferns I dug up from my neighbor's yard last year.
q what is this flower , flowers, gardening, plant id
  • MN Mom MN Mom on May 22, 2016
    This looks like Forget-me-Nots
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 22, 2016
    Forget me nots have a different leaf. It is hard to tell whether it is an annual or perennial.Is this the first year you have had this?
    • Shelley Shelley on May 22, 2016
      @Janet Pizaro Yes. It was in with some ferns I dug up in my neighbors yard last year. One in the backyard is already 3 feet tall.
  • Lisa Falkenthal Lisa Falkenthal on May 22, 2016
    I can't be sure a;Pulmonaria is my best guess, although it also reminds me a bit of Mertensia.
    • Shelley Shelley on May 23, 2016
      @Lisa Falkenthal I agree it looks more like the Pulmonaria, but they seem to have different leaves and grow lower to the ground. Thanks.
  • Anthony Passarella Anthony Passarella on May 22, 2016
    It looks more like Houndstongue (Cynoglossum officinale) and is extremely invasive. the dry seed pods are like velcro to pets,
    • Shelley Shelley on May 23, 2016
      @Anthony Passarella Thanks. I checked online and found that the Houndstongue has a thick, black, woody taproot. Mine does not, it's green. Also, the leaves of the houndstongue are rough, like a dog's tongue. Mine are soft and smooth.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 23, 2016
    See what you think. I googled the image again. Maybe Penstemon.
  • Izz1117000 Izz1117000 on May 23, 2016
    I think it's comfrey
  • Jess pracasso Jess pracasso on May 23, 2016
    COMFREY
  • Ellen Ellen on May 23, 2016
    It is Comfrey- a very old herb.
    • Shelley Shelley on May 23, 2016
      @Ellen Sorry, comfrey has bell shaped flowers. This has petals. But thanks.
  • MN Mom MN Mom on May 23, 2016
    Why don't you take this photo to the service desk at Bachmans? They'll tell you what it is. You seem to know what it isn't ...they will be able to tell you.
  • Njc2150801 Njc2150801 on May 23, 2016
    I agree. It is comfrey.