An Insanely Easy Eco Oven Cleaner

$7

I have this amazing eco cleaner, I use it on every surface in my kitchen. I don't use anything in my kitchen that would be poisonous to eat, so this cleaner is a great fit for my family's lifestyle. When looking for easy green cleaning vinegar is always the way to go. I'm going to show you how well this homemade cleaner works by using it on the worse mess to clean ever - that yucky burnt mess in my oven!
It's so easy to make and it's so effective! Step 1: Gather Your Materials
For this project you need orange peels, white vinegar, a jar, and a spray bottle (not pictured).

Step 2: Peel Your Oranges
I started by peeling two oranges completely. You don't need to worry about your peels turning out in any specific shape or size - as long as you have a nice little pile of peels, this will work great! Step 3: Put the Peels in a Jar
Got an old sauce jar lying around? Any jar (as long as it fits your peels) will do. But of course, the bigger the jar, the more cleaning solution you'll end up with. I used a plain ole' mason jar. Step 4: Add Vinegar
I poured in the vinegar until it covered the orange peels. If any orange peels are not under the vinegar, they will rot, instead of releasing their oils into the vinegar, so make sure the vinegar covers everything. Step 5: Let It Sit for 5 Days
I left the jar to sit in the fridge for 5 days so the vinegar could soak up the orange peel oil. You can let it sit for as long as two weeks if you want it really strong. Step 6: Pour into a Spray Bottle
You could use it right from the jar, but, for easier cleaning, I decided to pour it into a spray bottle. Only the vinegar goes into the bottle - the peels should stay behind in the jar. I keep the spray bottle on my counter and use it for everything. Now, you can clean your oven! (Optional) Step 1: Sprinkle on Baking Soda
I use this on really tough stains, like burnt cake goop on the bottom of my oven. Because the cleaner is mostly made of vinegar, it reacts with baking soda, so I sprinkle some over the burnt area first. Step 2: Spray on Your Mix and Let Sit
I let the cleaner and baking soda do all the scrubbing for me. I came back to wipe it off after about 20 minutes and it all slipped away! If the spot doesn't come off with just a wipe, I add some more baking soda and spray and let it sit again. (I really don't believe in scrubbing things, ha!)
I've also discovered over the years that ants won't walk on places I've cleaned with this spray, so if you have a minor ant problem this cleaner will be your new best friend!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Pam

Can this be used on quartz countertops?

• Lailasultani

Great idea. I read about it in here something like this post that orange peel in tub water help with get rid of weeds?

• Diana
    Just now

Can you use orange essential oil instead of the orange peels?

• Cheryl

I have a jar of lemon peel mix sitting as we speak and after 6 weeks of sitting, it's ready to be put into spray bottle. My counter tops and oven are going to be the first things I try with it.

• Gabrielle Falk

I certainly will try this. One small suggestion would be to use a small funnel to pour the vinegar solution into the spray bottle - would save spillage. A question. can you reuse the orange peels to make another batch? Thanks.