Hi, I have some old bathrobes that I would like to reuse

KellyKoffeeJoanneBarbara
+7

Any ideas on how to reuse them or make something?
  • DORLIS
    DORLIS

CUT THEM INTO SQUARES AND MAKE LAP ROBES FOR YOURSELF OR SENIORS, WHEN YOU SIT VERY LONG, YOUR LEGS GET COLD. OR MAKE A HROW FOR GRANDCHILDREN, CHILDREN OR A COVER FOR YOUR BED. THEY WOULD ALSO MAKE GREAT APRONS, SOAK UP WATER AND GREASE FROM YOUR HANDS.

• Sco4880417
    Sco4880417

If the robes are chenille, you could cut them in squares about 6" x 6" or larger. Use the squares to make a patchwork, but put wrong sides together instead of the right sides. Use a 1" seam allowance. When you've sewn all the patches together, clip from the outside edge of the seams just up to the stitches. Space these clips about 1" apart to make fringe along the seams. If you sew on a backing, you could make a nice rug or bathmat.

• Pauline
    Pauline

Thank you so much....love the throw idea. I'll post photos later. already started to cut in squares!

• Carol B
    Carol B

Cut into rectangles and make covers for your swiffer wet and dry mops. Using wet, the terry provides some friction for getting out tougher floor stains and dry, they grab dust. After using, wash and use again and again.

• Joyce A Ward
    Joyce A Ward

terry, chenille or fleece, they make good stuffed animals. In fact you can use the scraps to stuff them.

• Pam Quackenbush
    Pam Quackenbush

You can find someone (or do it yourself if you can) to make teddy bears out of old bathrobes, blankets etc. We had a friend make 3 teddy bears from our Dad's Army uniform, and my Mother's coverlet. Now all 3 of us have them perched in our living rooms. Together forever!

• Barbara
    Barbara

If chenille make soft stuffed animals. If fleece make winter hats , gloves and scarves If wool/acrylic make vests me at goes. Hand bags.

• Joanne
    Joanne

If you have kids that are school age and need Halloween costumes, I would repurpose them into animal costumes---you can dye them or tie dye them (tiger) and use Velcro for fasteners if you're not happy sewing.

• KellyKoffee
    KellyKoffee

Just copy and paste the link above ~ these are so easy to make!