Update Discolored Outlets With Spray Paint

Have a bunch of older plug outlets that are totally functional, but just not the right color for your new decor? Nothing a little spray paint can't fix.
update discolored outlets with spray paint, painting
First tape off the area with painters tape to try to cut down on overspray. I used a spray primer made for plastic. Be sparing it is a super thin paint, and will try to run if you use to much. Several short spurts will do the trick.
After that has dried go back, and spray it with a white spray paint. I used a Krylon Fusion that was labeled for use on plastic. I then used a Krylon spray clear coat to protect my painted surface so it wouldn't scrap off with use.
Next remove tape after drying. If there is any overspray touch up your wall paint. Then you have yourself a brand-new looking outlet for not a lot of money. One can of primer, paint, and clear coat will do many, many outlets.

• Krylon White Gloss Spray Paint (for use on plastic  (Walmart)
  • Krylon Spray Primer for Plastic  (Walmart)
  • Krylon Spray Clear Coat  (Walmart)
Gypsy Girl Revivals

3 questions on this project