Autumn Party Pumpkin Bowl for $10

$10

Have a fall or Halloween party you are planning for? This festive pumpkin bowl / cooler will add a great touch of fun to any table. It is quite simple to make a bowl out of a pumpkin, considering it is already in bowl shape, so why not? All you need to spice up this pumpkin bowl is cut some fun shapes into the edge and coat it with some glitter!
SUPPLIES: -Large Pumpkin -Newspaper -Glue -Paintbrush -Black Glitter -Scooper -Measuring Tape -Bowl -Knife -Marker -Ruler
STEP 1: Measure your pumpkin Measure your pumpkin to make sure it will be the appropriate size for your bowl to fit within.
STEP 2: Cut off the top of the pumpkin Cut the entire top of the pumpkin off about 1/3 of the way down. Be sure to slice the whole way through. You can discard the top once you are done, since you won't be needing it.
STEP 3: Scoop out the insides Set some newspaper down for a nice and easy clean up (pretty standard with pumpkin business), and scoop out all the seeds and guts of the pumpkin until the entire inside is nice and clean.
STEP 4: Draw a fun edge Using your ruler (or free hand) draw some fun triangular angles to the top rim of your pumpkin as a guide.
STEP 5: Cut the triangles Cut all of your triangular shapes away from the top of the pumpkin rim leaving a fun jagged edge.
STEP 6: Spread glue on the edge Spread glue with a paint brush along the top edge keeping with the angles of the triangular cuts. You can use tape for super clean lines if you wish.
STEP 7: Add glitter Sprinkle your glitter over the gluey edge.
STEP 8: Place your bowl Place your bowl down in the opening of the pumpkin. If it doesn't fit, just scoop away some of the flesh of the pumpkin until it does. (I know you can't see the jagged edge, but I took this pic before I cut it out)
STEP 9: Fill it up with drinks Fill your bowl up with ice and drinks! Or you can just put some snacks inside like some popcorn or chips if you want!
I know it is really silly, but this glitter sorta gives me joy...
You could make a bunch of these in different sizes and with different shapes cut out of the top and fill them with all sorts of treats!
This kind of reminds me of Charlie Brown, but I must say I just stinkin love it! The glitter adds a great touch of fun, but can completely be omitted if you so choose.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Large Pumpkin  (Whole Foods)
  • Black Glitter  (Michael's)
  • Glue  (Had on Hand)

• Tipper woods

AMANDA: Great, just a great ide. I was wondering in possible to have two halve. Like cut pumpkin with jaggered edges to begin with! Would it be problematic? Tipper

• Joanie

I was thinkin' JUST a big ice bowl, but you can use this pumpkin and many more, for so many different things. Thank you for sharin'!!

• Mom14264576

Too cool!!
  • Margot

Great idea and not complicated! Going to add a couple more in different sizes for snacks! Thanks!