What's the best way to clean grout?

+8
Hello all! I'm looking for the best recipe to get my Grout clean, I've used vinegar and water which helped a little but I need something with more power behind it! Please help me and my grout 😥
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 19, 2017
    Make a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
  • William William on Jan 19, 2017
    Yes, a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Place it on the grout lines, let it set for a while. Use an old damp tooth brush and brush the grout lines. Wipe and rinse. You can also use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp tooth brush.
  • Candy Walsh Candy Walsh on Jan 19, 2017
    Thank you!
  • Wilma EISEN Wilma EISEN on Jan 20, 2017
    lemon juice spread on tile and more on grout lines. - wait about a 1/2 hour
    and rinse off. /works well on white tile and grout.
  • Pam Pam on Jan 23, 2017
    To my amazement, this actually works - Clorox toilet bowl cleaner with bleach.

1 product, less then 2 hours and a total cost of under 3 dollars!!!

• Lorlq Lorlq on Jan 23, 2017
    I took the challenge and tried all suggesions on a tile top table I just dragged from attic very nasty grout I found the solutions very time consuming and a lot of work tried everything but oven cleaner .not on hand Then I spotted my last Magic eraser and less that a minute the grout was the shade of the tile again cream colored from brown honest to God Magic Eraser wins again!! I don't have tile in my house for this reason I hate grout lost all the tile with bath and kitchen remodels
  • Lorlq Lorlq on Jan 23, 2017
    oops however I will try the oven cleaner Oh and it works on the top of the stove just as well if you don't have aluminum pans it cleans the porcelain just like inside Just don't spray on any aluminum it will discolor it my grates are all black iron like the pans.
  • Flora Laron Flora Laron on Jan 27, 2017
    For me the best way is to mix 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup vinegar together. Mix well and then spray on the grout , wait for afew minutes then scrub.

• Candy Walsh Candy Walsh on Jan 27, 2017
    thank you so much!
  • Candy Walsh Candy Walsh on Feb 17, 2017
    Thank you all so much for taking the time to give me some great ideas to work with!!!
  • Cleaning Grout with Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda, and Dish Soap

1. Make a paste.
    2. Apply the paste with a toothbrush.
    3. Let the mixture sit on the grout for 15 minutes.
    4. Rinse the grout with warm or hot water to remove all of the solution.
    5. Use a rag to wipe the grout to remove any leftover residue or dirt.

Mop the floor with clean water.

OR

Making a paste with OxyClean and water. Apply let sit for 20 mins. Scrub with toothbrush. Rinse well.

Once it's clean, SEAL!