Asked on Jan 22, 2017

How can I get rid of dog stains on a carpet?

PattyCristine MeixnerMichele
+18

I have dog stains on a berber carpet. I have tried everything I know to try. Does anyone have a magic solution? Thank you!
  • Sallie Wolff
    Sallie Wolff

Make a mixture of baking soda and an essential oil just enough to make it a thick paste brush into stain let sit till dry then vacuum up.
    Janet Pizaro

Have you tried Natures Miracle?
  • Michele
    Michele

II not only haven't tried it, I've never heard of it. Where do I find it? I'll try anything and everything.
  • The Money Pit
    The Money Pit

We've been recommending this product for years and always get good feedback. http://www.123odorfreekit.com/123-odor-free-kit.
  • Eroque022810
    Eroque022810

Yes replace carpet and paint floor with kilz and train the dog, once trained replace with new carpet. If it's a puppy or an older dog then don't allow them into carpeted areas. Puppies don't know until trained and older dogs my not have muscular power to hold it in until you can take them out to do their business just like humans. We train children and we change our grandparents if they are in the same shape. We place pads on floor for puppies and for our elderly just incase something leaks we place pads on their favorite place to sit.
    • Jill
      Jill

This. You need to train the dog!

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

• Irish Pack
    Irish Pack

Hometalk has been invaluable to me in setting up my Pinterest page, take a look around for hundreds of cleaning hacks
  • Michele
    Michele

That wasn't really overly helpful.

• Michele
    Michele

I'm getting a 404 error -- page not found.
  • Dfm
    Dfm

odorlogic cleanaway- best stuff i've found for pet stains and odors.
  • Michelle
    Michelle

nature's miracle, white/red bottle, organic, I keep it on hand gets stains out
  • Michele
    Michele

Thank you. I haven't tried that one.
  • Cristine Meixner
    Cristine Meixner

Resolve power for carpets gets out anything -- even toner ink!
  • Cristine Meixner
    Cristine Meixner

powder
  • Ruthie
    Ruthie

Have you tried bleach. I haveBerber, and bleach doesn't do any harm to the carpet.
  • Barb petroff
    Barb petroff

The Dollar Store - the Green One - Dollar Tree. Orange spray bottle of Awesome Oxygen Orange. I spray it on to moisten, let it set 5 minutes, and wipe with dry towel. I put this on my laundry stains too.
  • Michele
    Michele

Thank you. I'll try it.
  • Cristine Meixner
    Cristine Meixner

also after scrubbing with the Resolve powder and vaccuming the spot like crazy spray with hydrogen peroxide.
  • Patty
    Patty

I don't have any dogie stains, but I do have berber carpet and it is an off white, sometimes red clay gets tracked in and I use resolve mixed with peroxide and then I spray straight peroxide on it and let it sit for five or ten minutes and then I use a teflon scrubber on it then I use a towel to soak up as much wetness as I can then I use another towel and set my Iron on hottest setting and I iron it . the iron helps dry it but it will also help lift stains, many times if someone tracks in something that isn't to bad I will just use a damp towel and place that over the dirty spot and then iron it and it comes right out no scrubbing needed.
    If you have light colored carpet the peroxide won't hurt it, but if it is dark do a test on it to make sure it won't hurt it, I have used it on brown carpet and it didn't hurt it, but I always do a little test somewhere that is hidden an won't be seen, just in case. Good luck.