Easy, No-Sew DIY Lampshade Cover Using a Scarf

My blue and white geometric lampshades weren't quite working with this year's holiday decor, so I gave them a temporary new look using a cable-knit scarf - no other supplies necessary!
I turned this chunky cable-knit scarf into a lampshade cover with no supplies needed and no damage done to the shade or the scarf!
To make it happen, I simply wrapped the scarf around the shade, pulled the tassels through and knotted them. (Detailed instructions and step-by-step pics in my blog post.)
I added gift bows to the glass lamp bases for even more pops of color.
A look into our living room.
The IKEA Tarva dresser I transformed into a kitchen sideboard all decked out for Christmas!
My blue & white geometric lampshades weren’t working with this year’s holiday decor, but the red knit looks great!

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
All Things G&D

• Marie

My i use and turn on lamp ?

• Joan

Where did you find the glass lamps? I have been looking for some to put all the seashells I have collected, over the years, in as a display?
  • Candyhd84

I love the glass lamps. Where do I purchase them? I love decorating for Christmas and I have a ton of those bows and some very nice scarves. They would be wonderful in my house at Christmas.

• Steph knepper

OMG!! Great idea. And incorporating the BOWS in the project is genius...darling, doll link!
  • Candyhd84

Where do you buy the glass lamps. Love, love, love the lamps.