All Things G&D
All Things G&D
  • Madison, WI

Easy, No-Sew DIY Lampshade Cover Using a Scarf

My blue and white geometric lampshades weren't quite working with this year's holiday decor, so I gave them a temporary new look using a cable-knit scarf - no other supplies necessary!
I turned this chunky cable-knit scarf into a lampshade cover with no supplies needed and no damage done to the shade or the scarf!
To make it happen, I simply wrapped the scarf around the shade, pulled the tassels through and knotted them. (Detailed instructions and step-by-step pics in my blog post.)
I added gift bows to the glass lamp bases for even more pops of color.
A look into our living room.
A look into our living room.
The IKEA Tarva dresser I transformed into a kitchen sideboard all decked out for Christmas!
My blue & white geometric lampshades weren’t working with this year’s holiday decor, but the red knit looks great!

All Things G&D

• Marie

My i use and turn on lamp ?

• Joan

Where did you find the glass lamps? I have been looking for some to put all the seashells I have collected, over the years, in as a display?
  • Candyhd84

I love the glass lamps. Where do I purchase them? I love decorating for Christmas and I have a ton of those bows and some very nice scarves. They would be wonderful in my house at Christmas.

• Steph knepper

OMG!! Great idea. And incorporating the BOWS in the project is genius...darling, doll link!
  • Candyhd84

Where do you buy the glass lamps. Love, love, love the lamps.