Chest of Drawers Before and After

This little chest of drawers was cute but in rough shape and missing a drawer. So I gutted it and turned into the cutest little farmhouse display cabinet.
This piece came out of an old barn that my neighbor let me pick through. I knew it had good bones but it needed lots of work.
After storing it for months with no inspiration, finally a light bulb went off. I decided to completely gut the whole thing since I was missing a drawer anyway and add shelving and then open frame doors to complete the look I was going for.
After my woodworker completed this phase I had no idea how I was going to finish the piece. My first thought was to sell it as a quilt display piece which had been my idea all along but in the midst of things I was really in need of a cute piece to add to a guest suite that we are in the process of opening and this guy was the perfect size.
Don't you just love when you are scrolling through IG and inspiration literally just jumps out and grabs you?! Well, that was the case when I saw this gorgeous cabinet made over by @junkstyledesign. I knew instantly that I needed to recreate this piece for our "Master Suite".
After several coats of Kilz and chalk, I painted with Linen White chalk paint by Rustoleam's Chalked line, distressed and sealed. I then stained the inside and doors with Minwax Provincial. After the stain was dry, I poly'ed the stained areas and added spray painted chicken wire to the inside of the doors and topped it with twine pulls from Hobby Lobby. The outcome?
One of my favorite pieces to date! The perfect amount of farmhouse charm.

20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:

To see more: http://www.junkloveboutique.com

• Mollee
    Mollee

do you have a detailed step by step directions for this project?

• Pbkmeme
    Pbkmeme

So cute and smart!

• Kat
    Kat

I absolutely adore your creation. It would look perfect in our little farmhouse. I have a question. I've seen some people that after cleaning the wood, they paint the chalk paint straight on the piece then seal or wax it. Is it absolutely necessary to paint it with Kilz 1st? Thank you for your help.