Katelyn Fagan
Katelyn Fagan
  • Kyle, TX

WOW! How to Get Nasty Pizza Pans Silver Again!

My friend told me about a new product that she said was magical and could restore even nasty grimy pans to look brand new and without a lot of work. She said it was called Bar Keepers Friend. I happened to have a grimy pizza pan, so I bought a can of Bar Keepers Friend and gave it a go!

wow how to get nasty pizza pans silver again
So, to do this cleaning tutorial, grab a nasty pan, like this one pictured above, which I had never actually seen shiny and pretty.
Wet the pan a little bit (run it under the sink) and then sprinkler Bar Keepers Friend onto the wet pan.

Let it sit for 3-5 minutes.
Scrub the pan with a scour pad and then run under water.
Admire how well it works!
Finish cleaning the whole pan and then be sure to dry it off so it won't rust!
And be sure to do the underside too!

Isn't it amazing! I have since used Bar Keepers Friend to get burnt spots off of other pots and pans, remove oxidation from copper pots, remove scratch marks from dishes and plates, and even get my bathtub sparkling clean again!

If you like this post, be sure to head over to my blog and check out ALL of my tried and tested cleaning tutorials! I even put together a cleaning ebook with 50 easy to follow cleaning tutorials and tips (in my shop).

• Bar Keepers Friend  (Walmart)
  • Water
  • Scour Pad
Katelyn Fagan

• Teresa C. Burleson Williams

What I hate cleaning is my oven
    • Lynn

Place a bowl of ordinary household ammonia in the oven. Do NOT turn the oven on. Leave the bowl in the oven overnight. The next day all the built up gunk in the oven will wipe off easily. I read this tip somewhere on the internet, and was skeptical but I gave it a go on an oven that hadn't been cleaned in years. It worked beautifully. Easiest cleanup ever, no elbow grease required. Be sure to follow the handling and disposal guidelines on the label and keep kids and pets away from the ammonia. It must be used with care, but it works great!

• Cas12021536

Why not use glass or ceramic for baking instead of junk metal and then cleaning with chemicals????
  • Deborah Jones

I have found that it takes much longer and much more elbow grease to get the buildup off the pans

• Bro21593409

Caroll
    I love using Bar Keeper's Friend! Now I found it in liquid form and find it even easier /quicker to clean and rinse in tight spots.
  • Jozy Dee

I learned of Bar Keeper's Friend from a fellow shopper at a thrift store who uses it when she cleans condos. At her recommendation, I gave it a try on my solid stove top and found it to work equally well on splatters and burnt-on spills. Just follow the directions on the container.