Why is my foxtail palm turning brown??

+9
I have been using the sprinkler in an effort to give it water but it seems to be getting worse!! Help
q why is my foxtail palm turning brown
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 26, 2017
    Does the sprinkler get the roots moist enough? Check for any signs of webbing ,as you could also be an insect infestation.
  • Lynda Duthler Lynda Duthler on Apr 26, 2017
    You could be over watering. Get a water meter and research exactly what its water needs are. Water meters will give you accurate data to work with.
  • Cindy Cindy on Apr 26, 2017
    Does your water have chlorine in it or are you using softened water? That would give the leaves that DEAD look. If your water is fine use a soaker hose...slow and steady.
  • Mar11629111 Mar11629111 on Apr 27, 2017
    All you need to do is take a broom handle and make several holes 6 inches or more deep around the tree about a foot and half out from the trunk of the tree and pour each hole full to the top with Epsom salts....... your tree will green up and be the best looking tree on the block......I think your main problem is it is plants close to your house and therefore the cement block is leaching into the roots of the palm tree. Therefore it needs some magnesium as Epsom salt will not change the pH of the soil for acidity or alkaline but give your palm trees some much-needed magnesium to make a turn green.
  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 27, 2017
    Better feed it. You can also give it some epsom salt. If you have recently planted it, you should be hand watering the roots well for at least one year.
    If your a Floridian, I understand there is a virus attacking the palms.. seeing our neighbors losing their tree's........contact a arborist.
  • Cari Cari on Apr 27, 2017
    your over watering!
  • April Monaco April Monaco on Apr 27, 2017
    I echo that you are overwatering.
  • Muriel J Moore Muriel J Moore on Apr 27, 2017
    My informed guess is it is getting too much water!
  • JoJoBean JoJoBean on Apr 27, 2017
    While we think that a plant is not getting enough water because it is dry and turning brown, it I fact is getting too much! Ignore it for awhile it may come back!
  • David David on May 05, 2020

Did it survive? I am having this same problem.