Pris
Pris
  • Westfield, IN

Which should you do first ? Paint or Wood Floors in the same room?

MindyNagaJanet Pizaro
+5

We are considering changing our carpeting throughout the house to wood flooring. It has also been 10 years since we last painted and although neither is desperate we don't know what we should do first.
  • if t were me, I would paint first so I didn't have to worry so much about trashing a new floor (I am a sloppy painter sometimes)
  • Em

Paint then do the floors. Anything you spill, spatter or drop will go on the new floor if you do it first.
    I had old carpeting that I was removing so I just used it as a drop cloth. When done painting I just tore it out and no paint mess on the floor to clean up.
  • Gale O'Neal

I agree, paint first. When I did my daughter's room after she moved out, I pulled up the ratty carpet and nails etc. Then just started to paint. It was only a sub floor so I had no problems. I laid carpet tiles down when I was done.
    , This is how I started the room
  • Bobbie

definitely paint first then you will have no worries about paint spatters on the new floors.
  • Ellis

I agree with everyone--I'd paint first. Just make sure you have some paint left over for touch-ups or along the baseboards, etc. There are bound to be some dings in the paint after the wood floors are installed.

Always paint first.
  • Naga

If I were you I will paint before you pull the carpet. This way old carpet act as a drop cloth. Floors next. Better to choose the wood color first. So you choose matching paint for the wall.
    good luck on your project.
  • Mindy

Paint first. It will be the easiest paint job you ever do as you do not have to worry about dripping on your new floors.