Can you use ridex on a toilet that is not on a septic system?

BetsyRamboDavid RoyWilliam
+15

RID-X contains billions of 100 percent natural active bacteria and enzymes that have been scientifically proven to digest septic waste. Cellulase breaks down toilet paper, vegetable matter, and some foods; lipase breaks down fats, oils, and grease; protease breaks down proteins; and amylase breaks down starches. Will not do anything for a toilet.
    • Candace

I mean will it hurt the lines that go from our toilet out to the city septic system. That’s all I was wondering about. I look forward to hearing back from you.

• Caseyem11

What problem are you trying to solve?
  • Jewellmartin

Plus most cities prohibit the use of Rid-X, since the city uses its own system to clean and reuse water. Some places are beginning to forbid the use of blue toilet cleaners because it does something to the pipes. Best wishes!
  • Diana Deiley

I wouldn't use it just to clean your toilet. If you have a blockage you may need to contact a licensed plumber for assistance. Do it right! Best of luck.
  • Marcia Lazenby

Yes....i use it in the dishwasher also...

• Adam Speer

Rid ex-does not work numerous university studies have proven this. If you read the fine print it says " with regular pump-outs" anything can be proven to work with pump outs. Anyone with real knowledge in the wastewater industry knows its a complete scam. Bacteria are cannibalistic first off so as waste is eaten by them they eat each other as more waste comes into the tank they propagate. Giving the tank a balance at all times introducing more bacteria in the tank does nothing but give them more food. One crap has more bacteria in it that 50 boxes of rid-ex.
  • Sharon

Yes I use the Roebic brand on mine all the time, its just an enzyme that eats the crud out of the pipes and sewer line.

Won't be effective in the toilet. Also won't hurt the toilet. Rid X is made for septic systems where the bacteria is contained and does it's work. It will jusr flush through the toilet and sewer lines.
  • David Roy

For $3.00 a month, I'll happily take a flyer on it.

• BetsyRambo

Try regular 1/2 bottle of Dawn overnight. See YouTube! Also Green Gobbler. But expensive. Leave overnight. Regular use as a preventative with Dawn helps. Only Scott toilet paper! They have a new Scott that is fast dissolving and should help. Flush in between and before wiping also and an extra flush thereafter every time. Hold handle down till entire tank emptied!! Critical. They are made to NOT empty so holding down will empty it. Nothing says u can’t add a bucket of red hot water to your bowl when flushing! Keeps toilet clean too!!! 3 lousy toilets here. Waiting for Trumps bringing back of 3 gallon ones then I’m buying all new fast!! And maybe some spares. Lol. If it seems to all go down it may be still sitting in trap hence the extra flush each time!