Asked on Jun 8, 2017

I have this space above my refrigerator, any ideas why I can do?

Sandi Dixon ArmstrongIts10399752C. D. Scallan
+3

• Lee Rakoskie

Since it's not recommended to put anything on top of your refrigerator, possible alternatives - open shelf, baskets on their side attached to the wall, or multi baskets from the ceiling. Can you "reach" this area? It looks like you have a collection on the wall to the left of this photo - do you have more to add?
  • Wendy

I'd also be VERY tempted to paint your existing cupboards and take the same colour right up to the ceiling. I'd then move the fridge so that it's against the side of the wall instead of against the cupboards. I think you will find that 'fridges need space above & behind them for the heat to dissipate from the back panels. You could use baskets on their sides that are the same width as the 'fridge so that it's neat storage ... or a cupboard, but it would probably be only of use for items that are only used rarely ... or shelving that goes to the ceiling & make doors so that they look like a panel just below the ceiling so that it matches what is already above the cupboards. You could use the top space for a wine rack, i.e. diagonal slats that you can either use for wine or other bottled drinks that seem to take up so much space. However I'm sure that there will be many more attractive & clever ideas than these.
  • Jane

If you're short on cupboard space, you could put a small tension rod up there and hang a short curtain across and use the space to put a large kitchen appliances, (blender, food processors etc...) or for big bowls or pans that don't fit in your cupboards...
  • C. D. Scallan

Install floating shelves for photos and maybe seldom used small appliances .
  • Its10399752

When I bought my new 60 inch flat screen TV on the fridge is where we placed my old 32 tube type for keeping track of things while the cooks are preparing dinner.
  • Sandi Dixon Armstrong

If you have another place for your refrigerator, I would put a pantry or a broom closet in this space.