Asked on Aug 13, 2017

How can I repurpose half size plastic drums?

SharonSandra DunnRoAnn von Kronenberger
+4

I have several vertical and horizontally cut drums that I don't want to add to the landfill. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Linda
    Linda

are the stong enought to sit on? You could cover and make ottoman out of and cushion on top. Or cover make pretty storage out of them. Or use as ur recycle container
  • Cin21825342
    Cin21825342

Use them as planters for flowers and herbs!
  • Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

I agree, with Cindy, planters would be great. You could build stands for them, myself, I would build sturdy x shaped stands with 2x4's with a 2x4 or two connecting them on the lower portion where the x starts the legs for stability. Rustic looking for barrels, but should hold them. You can finish the wood in the manner you see fit. This is my opinion, I believe the uses for the barrels are endless. If you do make it into planters, make sure you put plenty of drainage holes in them.
  • I would build a rack or feet for them and use as raised planter beds.
  • RoAnn von Kronenberger
    RoAnn von Kronenberger

Great ideas! Can plastic be painted? They are really BLUE!
  • Sandra Dunn
    Sandra Dunn

Use them for raised planters. Just make sure to drill drainage holes. Also, put a few under your gutters to catch rain water that you can use to water your outside beauties. You can also paint them to compliment your deco. Wish I had a few of them!
  • Sharon
    Sharon

If they are food grade, you could use them for planters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufEQ6ZljJBE