Help! A baby possum is in my house!

+16
HELP A BABY POSSIUM IN HOUSE>>MY CATS JUST LOOK

• Barbara Baldwin Barbara Baldwin on Sep 12, 2017
    Open your door at night so it can scurry out..
    • See 1 previous
    • Mackie Braden Mackie Braden on Sep 14, 2017
      Be kind to our only marsupial. They don't carry germs or disease And s/b protected. Call wildlife rehabilitation folks who will gently remove her and you must cease spraying it. Leave cat food and water meanwhile to sustain her.! Don't frighten further. They are very beneficial To your environment.
      Educate yourself.
    Lol. Maybe one of your cats brought it in. Our Manx was bringing moles, voles, bats, snakes, dragonflies, hummingbirds, all alive. She'd let it go in the house, then ignored it..
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Sep 13, 2017
    Have you tries turning the Vac cleaner on and using the Hose to try and flush it out?
  • Carol Gunter Pokorny Carol Gunter Pokorny on Sep 13, 2017
    We had one in our garage once...chewed a hole in the drywall. They don't like loud noises. Turn the radio on full blast and leave a door open so it can escape. Hope you are successful whatever you choose to do!
  • Cdemby Tony Cdemby Tony on Sep 13, 2017
    There is nothing to be afraid of. I used to frighten them with a broom. Then I noticed that they are gentle and kind of cute creatures. Now they are my regular guests. They visit every night around 10:00PM and I have a bowl of cheap cat food waiting for them. They eat and then they disappear till the next night.
    Since my cat died, looking at these gentle creatures through my window every night, brings some joy to my heart again. We have taken their habitat away by endless construction, it's the least we can do.
  • Julia Julia on Sep 13, 2017
    Put some cat food in a cat carrier, tie a string on the door, when the little one goes in to get the food, trap him and take him outside and turn him/her loose.
  • Babette Babette on Sep 13, 2017
    Call the human society and they will come and remove it. Also you can check to see if you have a wildlife rescue group in your area and they will come get it and relocate it.
    Good luck!