How do u get rid of fruit flies?

+4
  • Dfm Dfm on Sep 24, 2017
    fruit fly trap. Glass jar with rotting fruit in bottom, plastic wrap across top. Make tiny hole....the go in, can't get out.
  • Kewtee49@gmail Kewtee49@gmail on Sep 24, 2017
    Take a small jar with metal lid and punch holes in lid. Fill halfway with cider vinegar and place in out of the way area. They will fly in and can't get out.
  • Maggie Maggie on Sep 24, 2017
    See answer above I put it in the wrong place. Wine bottle.
  • PJ Wise PJ Wise on Sep 24, 2017
    DFM and Kewtee49 gave the answers I would. Also, be sure you don't have a potato, onion or piece of fruit under a cabinet or counter somewhere. If you are going to leave fruit out, wash it when you get home from the market. For some reason, this really seems to be an excessively bad year for fruit flies!
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Sep 24, 2017
    Watch your garbage also, they will get in there very easily anytime you go to put anything in there. They also like to hang out in the sink pipes. I try to make sure that I let real hot water run down the sink a couple of times a day. I am lucky, I know a lot of people that really have a problem this year, but ours has been real minor.
  • Deb Deb on Sep 24, 2017
    Take a small bowl and put some balsamic or apple cider vinegar in. Cover tightly with plastic wrap making sure it stays tight. Then poke small holes in top...I use a toothpick. I keep mine on my kitchen window sill. The flies love the vinegar and get trapped inside.
    I've been using this for years and it works like a charm.
    • Sta28992921 Sta28992921 on Sep 24, 2017
      I sprinkle Comet powder cleanser in the drain. Flies don't seem to like it and odors in the drain are lessened.