I need ideas to fill space around a deck. Easy care, durable, bright

+9
This is my first time here, so I don't have pictures yet. The house and and yard have been neglected, so I am looking to brighten up the outside deck (surrounded by privacy fence) area. There is a table and four chairs, a rocking lawn chair, two recliners, and a swing there now. So, I need something to brighten it up. Your ideas would really be appreciated.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Oct 18, 2017
    Get out your paint brushes and a quart each of several bright colors. Clean up all the outdoor furniture. Use a white primer, especially on the wood furniture. Then paint away, painting each piece a different color, or paint each part of a chair a different color. If you don't like one part you painted, paint it again! You are looking to brighten the whole space, and color will do it. Best wishes ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’–
    • Kay30620353 Kay30620353 on Oct 18, 2017
      Thank you! I did that with the furniture in a den/TV room, and it really looks good. So, why not outside, too? Great idea.
  • Kelly Condie Thompson Kelly Condie Thompson on Oct 18, 2017
    One way to brighten up the landscaping and take care of weeds making it easy care, durable and bright, is to use small white stones in place of mulch or bark on your flower beds. It doesn't deteriorate like the bark or mulch can, it looks fresh and clean especially after the rain washes it down. And, if you put down a black weed protective barrier, chances are, you won't have to do any weeding for a long time. Then plant colorful, easy to careful plants. But beware of planting lots of flowers that could attract bees. No one likes to play outside or near a pool area if there are bees buzzing about, especially children. There are plenty of multi-colored plants that can add color and beauty to any landscape. Go to your local nursery and pick out the ones that you like or ask for advice at your local hardware store. They will probably have a gardener on duty that can help you choose.
      Thank you, Kelly. That is a wonderful idea. I have seen the black weed guards used, but they looked too good to be true. Thanks for the tip about about choosing the right flowers, too. I certainly don't want to plant a feeding ground for stinging insects!
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Oct 18, 2017
    Large Plastic Plant Containers
      I have seen pictures of them and thought they were really pretty. Thank you for reinforcing my thought!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 18, 2017
    Depending on you area,make container plantings with annuals or perennials for your zone
      You are the second one to suggest this, so evidently this should be the way to go! I learned a couple of tips that will be good to know before starting. Be careful about the choice of flowers. Some might attract bees! The use of a plastic weed guard, if planting directly on the ground, can save a lot of work. I really have some good ideas to go with. Thank you!
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Oct 18, 2017
    How about dressing up your deck for the evening with solar lights? Here's some ideas from pinterest.

Have fun
  • Karen Krysowaty Karen Krysowaty on Oct 18, 2017
    Check out your resale shops and garage sales for outdoor furniture and plants. A few coats of spray paint in bright colors brings new life to those items without a huge amount of money
    All things we learn from our own yards. I'm just old and have lived long enough to have done lots of things wrong.... Good luck!

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Oct 19, 2017
    It's my pleasure.........