Mossy cement steps?How does one remove moss from cement steps,

Karen KrysowatyPam WalkerV Smith
+5

• Johnavallance82

Might be better to put Rubber mat on top ( the sort that allows water and air through, because you are always going to have this problem. There are Moss killers available, but it will be on going....................
  • Sharon

You can use Lily Miller Moss Out in the spray bottle hose attachment, you can use bleach and water and a scrub brush, or you can use Wet and Forget.
  • Peter

Be careful with simple coverings... moss can get slippery, and a mat may slide & propel you... I'd do wet & forget or similar... but do NOT forget... scrub the residue after a day, it too can be slick!
  • Hillela G.

Vinegar should kill it
  • V Smith

I used to have a brick patio that got slimy with moss every year. I would mix up a large batch of water, laundry detergent, and bleach. Pour some of the mix over the bricks and push it back and forth with a broom. It worked like a charm. The laundry detergent makes the mixture easy to spread and the bleach kills everything. Plus it was very easy to hose off. You could also buy a gallon of Thompson's deck cleaner if you dont have too much area to clean, but you will need a sprayer to apply it. If you use weed killer the smell lingers for months.
  • Karen Krysowaty

I use a bleach and water mixture, spray and then scrub and then rinse.