What kind of light bulbs or something else

+5
I made a hot box to keep paint and other items warm in cold weather. The box is insulated and I have been using 40 or 60 watt light bulbs but they burn out too quickly. Is there a better bulb to use

• Bijous Bijous on Nov 06, 2017
    LEDs. They're not cheap, but will last. Fluorescent bulbs are also an option.
  • Stephanie Stephanie on Nov 06, 2017
    How about a utility bulb, for refridgerators or fans?? Heavy duty bulb, at hardware store. Where is the bulb, is it very cold where it hangs & heats? Just thinking.
    • John McGee John McGee on Nov 07, 2017
      I should have said a warming box instead of a hot box. The light is inside the box to maintain the heat. The rough service bulb or refrigerator light sound good
  • Ellis Ellis on Nov 06, 2017
    LED bulbs don't give off enough heat. You can try the utility bulbs that Stephanie suggested, or perhaps the rough service bulbs sold for a garage door opener. But it has to be incandescent--some bulbs coming on the market for garage door openers are LED.
  • Sharon Sharon on Nov 06, 2017
    I wouldn't use anything over a 25 watt bulb, might cause combustion.
  • Dfm Dfm on Nov 06, 2017
    there are Electric warming pads for plant propagation...they are water proof. And can be on a thermostat.