Can you either paint or wallpaper the sheets of panels in a mobile hom

+11
  • Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Nov 16, 2017
    You can do both. I live in an older mobile myself and have painted every room in the home. I used TSP w/warm water to wash all the walls first, then primed with Kilz2 (2 coats), then painted with interior wall paint in a satin finish. Depending on the color of the paneling or wallpaper you may only need one good coat of primer to eliminate the possibility of 'bleed through' after you apply your paint. Don't forget to fill all those darn staple holes before you begin. They will show up and drive you nuts if you don't. I'm still using spackle  Best of luck.
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Nov 16, 2017
    Yes, you can do either. If you paint, just prime it first with Kilz and then paint.
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Nov 16, 2017
    You can do either..I would just put filler over seams before wallpapering
  • Bobbie Bobbie on Nov 16, 2017
    Yes.. I live in a mobile home and have painted, sponge painted, wallpapered, stenciled and done about everything else because I love to try new techniques and looks much to hubbys dismay at times 🤓
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Nov 16, 2017
    Your prep will determine your outcome. Use wood filler or spackle to fill any holes, seams, etc. after cleaning the paneling. If it has a shine to it you might want to sand lightly. Use a sealer like Kilz, and paint or paper to your taste.
  • Rhonda Rhonda on Nov 16, 2017
    Of course!!! My friend painted and sponged and did all kinds of cool stuff to hers. Looked awesome!