What can I inexpensively do to this fireplace area in an apartment?

+5
q what can i inexpensively do to this fireplace area in an apartment
  • Sharon Sharon on Jan 30, 2018
    Only thing I could see would be a mantel, maybe use some of that styrofoam beam stuff and double-sided tape for a removable look.
  • Mel92767 Mel92767 on Jan 30, 2018
    Maybe add some moulding around the fireplace opening. You can get MDF moulding and attach it with 3M picture tape.
  • ChickenMama ChickenMama on Jan 31, 2018
    You could use Tic Tac Tiles from Amazon.com that can be cut with scissors then peel n stick on smooth walls and when removed properly should not damage them. Use them on the 2 sides and across the top for a beautiful stacked stone, mosaic tile look or a rustic old wood look. There is also marble look contact paper for the floor in front to look like a marble slab. Lots and lots of colors, styles, designs to go with your personal style.
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 31, 2018
    Are you renting the apartment, or are you the owner who is renting it out to someone else?
  • Willi Willi on Jan 31, 2018
    Renting
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Jan 31, 2018
    Love that clock! You can get a thick floating shelf to sub as a mantle. It would be easy to remove and repair when you moved.
  • D.d25380608 D.d25380608 on Jan 31, 2018
    There's a lot you can do, faux mantle shelf, or buy a decorative fireplace screen - I had one, it was gorgeous and I sold it before I moved. You could combine the two for a really stunning focal point.