How do I fix a hole around shower taps?

I had a plumbing job done in the pipes and it left me with a square hole on the wall around the taps.Please suggest any hacks to cover this

  6 answers
  • Nancy Nancy on Feb 09, 2018
    Can you adapt a switchplate or some kind of plate that would also hopefully match your current plumbing
  • Annie Annie on Feb 09, 2018
    How big a hole is it? You might be able to put a plate behind the knob (be sure to caulk around it). It plumbing speak this is called an escutcheon.
  • Ken Ken on Feb 09, 2018
    This would not be a hack, it would be a repair. Do you know what material was used to make the wall? Examples are wood, concrete, ceramic tile, drywall, plaster, or hardboard paneling. These and many more things are used to construct walls. Each has a different repair method.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 09, 2018
    Use Waterproof Silicone . Do you have picture?
  • V Valencia V Valencia on Feb 10, 2018
    Hopefully a pipe hole cover like this can cover up any opening. (As someone else mentions here, be sure to caulk around it so water can't go into the wall.) You can buy one in the same finish as the shower faucet.
  • Mogie Mogie on Feb 10, 2018
    Excellent idea V Valencia!
Your comment...