What can I use to open/close blinds?

I lost the plastic stick with a hole at the end then opens and closes the blinds. I don’t have a drill that would cut a hole the right size to connect to the blinds. They are just plastic and aluminum blinds. Thanks! ☺️
q what can i use to open close blinds
  7 answers
  • Bijous Bijous on Feb 19, 2018
    Hi, wand replacements are sold. Sometimes the big box stores have them or you can order on-line.
  • Carolyn Carolyn on Feb 19, 2018
    You can buy replacement wands at Home Depot or Lowe's.
  • Do you have a back scratcher? You could use a twist tie (like from a bread wrapper) twist it onto the teeth of the scratcher and blind hook very tightly. Sorry that's about all I could come with. Some back scratchers have hole in the end with a cord for hanging - you would have your hole without drilling. Good luck!
  • Jan Loehr Jan Loehr on Feb 19, 2018
    One of my blinds in our house ....the stick broke and was not fixable...I went to Home Depot and viola! They sell clear plastic replacement sticks for just a couple of dollars! I got two to replace the broken one and the other window in the room so they both match....metal hooks are good and I just hung them up...
  • Rick Rick on Feb 19, 2018
    I had the same thing happen at my old house. I try to find a new rod with no luck so I duct taped the old one on the small piece that is left. I got tired of reaching up and turning it, I'm too short for that.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Feb 19, 2018
    Thanks, folks! I think I see the light. ☺️
  • Jackie Mason Jackie Mason on Feb 21, 2018
    Until ypu can replace these blinds with possibly plantation shutters or even a cafe type style thats not necessarily for kithchen windows, you can always use 2 thick rubber bands to secure the height of the blind you want opened at each end. I had to do this until i could afford something better. At least i was able to let light in and you werent able to see how the blinds were being held up. Good luck!
Your comment...