Asked on Mar 15, 2018

Looking for outdoor rug suggestions

Sharon McHargeLaura CooperSharon
+11

I have floral print patio furniture. What would you suggest for an outdoor rug other than a solid color
q outdoor rug
  • Nancy Turner

As bright and active as the print is, I would choose something that goes with one or two of the colors, but muted so that the print on the patio furniture is the focus and not the rug, you want to make the rug go but not be as noticeable so that is can get confusing and clash.
  • Diane

I love the patio rugs from Lowe's and Walmart. Most of them have the cream color background just like in your print. They have a dark red one with the cream that would look great.
  • Carol Marszalek

I would use a rattan colored rug with a darker tan or brown outside border. It will look natural, weather well, and complement your lovely cushions:

• Vimarhonor

Any solid color seen in the floral blossoms would look fabulous!

• polka dots, stripes and plaids can look great with florals, as long as the colors are correct.
  • Mel32482419

Maybe a rug with swirls in it with some of the colors from the floral print would look nice.
  • Joy30150932

Pick a color from the fabric and look for a not too busy pattern or solid whichever you prefer.
  • Ilene

I would go with a stripe, or other large graphic pattern. The color doesn't matter; you have plenty in your furniture upholstery. It will be fresh, au courant, and timeless. Good luck. It will be stunning. BE BRAVE!
  • Ilene

that's a graphic print or strip in one color! Answer this Hometalker's question!
  • Laura Cooper

It's all about the scale. When mixing patterns choose a pattern with similar color pallette that has a larger or smaller scale than the furniture. For example, a tiny gingham mixes with a large floral.
  • Sharon McHarge

Walmart has a tan background and burgundy one that you can find in the garden section that would look Great