Asked on Mar 21, 2018

What is a good shampoo to use for red scalp syndrome?

JanetSharonDebbie Sommer
+14

I have no dandruff,or psoriasis. I have a red itchy and burning strictly from nerves and STRESS AND ANXIETY.I did have a biospy done and it all csme back non specific related to emotional abd stress. Alot of my hair falls out too.

• Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

I have heard good things about tea tree oil shampoos for scalp problems.
    • Barbara
      Barbara

Thanks, iam going to try this. I just started using pure aloe vera snd incorporate tea tree oil,plus, get a tea tree oil in a shampoo

• Millie
    Millie

I used Tea Tree Soap on Back because of itch from shingles Worked great

• GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY

I used baking soda and water as a shampoo for a couple of months, rinsing with a little vinegar and my scalp was really healthy. I only wash my hair/scalp once-twice a week though.
  • In addition to the suggested shampoo, start working on the stress and anxiety - yoga, swimming, meditation, lots of different things work to help relieve stress. Talk to your doctor. I had a girlfriend who was so bad, she is now on medication - and now she feels much better. Managing your stress for your overall health is worth it! Your family needs you to live a long life!
  • Sharon
    Sharon

Wow apple cider vinegar shampoo! Google it or search them in Facebook search bar
  • Mogie
    Mogie

My dad added some baking soda to his shampoo and that cleared up his dandruff and itchy scalp problem.
  • Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

My scalp drives me crazy in the winter. There are some new shampoos I have found relief with made by Dove and Head and Shoulders. My biggest find was Argan oil. I had heard good things about it for dry and wiry hair, but, my scalp tends to be oily, but irritated and dry during the winter. When I read about it online, I decided to give it a try. I first massaged it into my scalp and left it in for an hour. Then I massaged my scalp again, using my fingertips, not my nails, brushed my hair really well, and then shampooed it. A couple of days later, I just lightly massaged my scalp with the oil before showering. It's a "dry" oil, so doesn't feel greasy. Then I shampooed my hair with my dry, irritated scalp shampoo. I only used conditioner on the ends of my hair, since it's very fine and tangles, and I didn't want any build up on my fresh feeling scalp. I've been using it a week now, and for the first time this winter, don't feel like pulling my hair out or shaving my head!
  • Inetia
    Inetia

Start taking Stress B- complex vitamins and get a shampoo with anti-oxidants and anti- inflammatory properties like the one in this link.
  • Debbie Sommer
    Debbie Sommer

How about baby shampoo or prescription shampoo? You might try hypoallergenic shampoo. There might be a shampoo with tea tree oil that soothes. I think I've seen it at Trader Joe's. Avalon makes a lovely, very gentle lavender shampoo that might just work too. Take your Vit C. It's good for easing allergies. Good luck.
  • Sharon
    Sharon

I would work on the stress, it might be time to talk to your doctor about some anti-anxiety medication. And during a particularly stressful period in my life, I used acupuncture twice a week. Yoga and meditation, visualization are all techniques you can use with guided tapes, dvds, books and even streaming TV like Giiam. I especially like the visualization technique where I see myself laying on a white beach with my feet in crystal blue water waves lapping at them, and the sun warming me. I also have some calming DVDs that I like .... tropical rain forest, running water, birds chirping.
  • Janet
    Janet

Get a shampoo with Tea Tree Oil. My husband had the same thing and it worked well. Didn't help stop the hair falling out but the dry itchy and red scalp healed. I had a dog that had skin problems and tried it on the dog and it worked when nothing else would.