Asked on Mar 22, 2018

Ideas to replace bed skirt that can still access under bed?

LivCarol MarszalekDesertRose
+8

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

I'm not sure I understand exactly.
  • Pat Russell
    Pat Russell

On the only bed we have with a bed skirt, I just throw it up over the bedding and dig out that box! Don't know about any special kind.
  • Joanne Layton Woods
    Joanne Layton Woods

One of the bed skirt functions is to visibly conceal anything stored under the bed.

If if you don’t like the look of a bedskirt but want a finished look that provides under bed storage... Consider drawers on casters or shallow baskets.
  • Jea22219926
    Jea22219926

Use a bedspread that overhangs to the floor
  • Lsherbach
    Lsherbach

• Lsherbach
    Lsherbach

• Lsherbach
    Lsherbach

how about underbed storage drawers, that can pull out
  • Jcraw
    Jcraw

If you’re tired of ruffles, you can get more of a box-cut straight-sided skirt most everywhere, or make your own with a size larger flat sheet , or cutting panels and attaching with velcro.
    If you want nothing, get a proper-size fitted sheet and cover your box spring and frame. Find poster tubes, which have the right dimension, cut them to length and paint to cover the legs and wheels of the bed frame, cause Kleenex square boxes are probably too flimsy. Then you can slide those handsome storage boxes with little effort.
  • DesertRose
    DesertRose

I bought lace bed skirts that give me easy access under the bed. They are light and move out of the way easily. Hope this helps.
  • Carol Marszalek
    Carol Marszalek

Not sure I understand the question. The purpose of the bedskirt besides decorative is to conceal the underside bed and anything thatq may be stored there. I agree with Joanne, drawers on casters or shallow baskets, or even building a platform with drawers.
  • Liv
    Liv

You can sew new fabric onto your old one. (Just like when people put new wallpaper directly over old wallpaper.