Is there an easy, inexpensive way to fake crown molding?

+4
Is there an easy, inexpensive way to fake crown molding? I’m on a tight budget, but my walls are very tall and very plain! Thanks!

• Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Apr 16, 2018
    Yes there is. It is foam crown molding. It comes in all kinds of preformed profiles and sizes and can be ordered through places like Home Depot and Lowes. Goes up with construction adhesive, is very lightweight, is white but can be painted. You can also purchase corner blocks if you don't want to deal with miter cuts. Google foam crown molding and you will be able to see all the different styles and prices and find what fits your budget. Best of luck.
  • Terry L. Black Sr. Terry L. Black Sr. on Apr 16, 2018
    Have you looked into "molded foam" crown molding?
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Apr 16, 2018
    You can buy inexpensive crown molding now that looks real expensive. Ask for it at your local home improvement store. Also, an alternative that we tried was wallpaper trim next to the roof on the walls in our dining room and front room. We got some on sale that appealed to us but was discontinued for a fraction of the original cost. Hope this helps.
  • Bj Blyth Bj Blyth on Apr 22, 2018
    Thanks for the good advise!
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Apr 22, 2018
    I bought cheaper, thinner trim, and put it up at the ceiling. I then put another piece a few inches down. I think it was called shoe moulding. I then painted both trims and the wall in between white. It made the trim look much thicker. Some people do that with baseboards too.