How to DIY a shelf?

+5
  • DD DD on Apr 17, 2018
    what would you like to know
    • Kay Lee Kay Lee on Apr 18, 2018
      I took out a medicine cabinet. I kind of like not having it protrudin. But I still need some space to put stuffs. I checked some photos of shelves. What is the easiest shelves to install? I want them pretty, too.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 18, 2018
    Flat board and 2 x brackets Screws and fixings
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 18, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=shelf
  • DD DD on Apr 18, 2018
    I like floating shelves because there are no obstructions on the shelf below from brackets. I also like a shelf that has a bit of a lip to it so smaller objects would roll off.
    Tools would be a tape measure, screwdriver ( make sure it has the correct tip for the screws you will be using and a level.
    I don't hang anything is a straight line neither vertical nor horizontal so I never worry is everything is perfectly in line.

Let me know if you have any other questions and goo luck with your project I would love to see a picture when your finished!
  • Kay Lee Kay Lee on Apr 18, 2018
    I looked some photos of shelves, and I do like the clean line of hanging shelve. I am going to see which brand is easiest to install. Thank you!
  • DD DD on May 16, 2018
    is this the kind of shelving you are interested in or do you not have an opening you are looking to fill