Miracle-Gro- I'm confused, can you help?

+7
I have been told not to use Miracle-Gro on any vegetables yet I just got a Better Bush tomato plant and it says on the card to "Plant it right! Use Miracle-Gro". I'm confused, can you help? Thanks

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 16, 2018
    newly planted vegetables should not be fertilized until established.You can use miracle grow after you know the plant has taken root and established.what they are sayin is not to feed right away
  • Dee Dee on May 16, 2018
    I would use the Miracle Grow. Don't know what it is about MG but it works better than any other plant food. I would also buy MG soil. Have used it and got the prettiest flowers, strong bushes and yummy tomatoes.

• Dfm Dfm on May 16, 2018
    There are some that have told me the plants were growing to fast and were weaker than the others.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on May 16, 2018
    Who said not to use it, it is probably the best for getting larger yields. I use Miracle grow for tomatoes/vegetables in my veggies, and all purpose for all other plants with great success. Go for it, use it, it will do you and your plants good. Maybe it was someone that is one who only uses the compost for everything and won't use fertilizer.
  • Rob32328534 Rob32328534 on May 16, 2018
    The reason alot of us organic gardeners don't recommend miracle grow or other commercial fertilizers is that they will beneficial soil microorganisms and earthworms. Also if you use too much, you will have leafy greens plants but little fruit set because of too much nitogen. Go organic for veggies & use MG on your potted flowers:).
    Sorry typo- it will kill beneficial microorganisms and earthworms.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on May 16, 2018
    I don’t use miracle grow except in potted plants. In my garden I use crushed egg shells, coffee grounds and epson salts. Always have a bumper crop.
  • Trudie Trudie on May 17, 2018
    Thanks
  • Trudie Trudie on May 17, 2018
    Thanks to all of you