What can I do with all my pill bottles?

+5
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Jun 04, 2018
    My good friends collect them (or did when they were alive) through their church and send them to foreign medical supply places. Maybe you can find a church that donates to medical mission fields someplace, or a local free clinic in your city?
  • E Tessmer E Tessmer on Jun 04, 2018
    A friend of mine contacted local veterinarians and animal shelters where they need containers for the pills they prescribe for pets and other animals.
  • Shay Johnson Shay Johnson on Jun 04, 2018
    add lotion or vasaline for lip and hand care.
  • Janice Janice on Jun 04, 2018
    Hi Margaret, You can organize and store many small items in the pill bottles. Examples are buttons, needles. They can also be used as Shay mentioned for products to carry when traveling or just in your purse. I saw one idea where a person put an extra house key in the bottle, glued a rock onto the top and placed it in a secret place near their front door so it wouldn't draw attention to the spare key. These would make great fun gifts for a Christmas stocking! Also, a good way to store small change in your purse or car......
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jun 04, 2018
    After washing, I’m painting about 100 pill bottles and labeling them Sewing Kit. My church will place these in our Samaritan’s Purse Shoe Boxes for the Christmas Child donations. I plan on making these for our homeless ditty bags with hygiene and other useful products. Maybe you could make a few, too. Best wishes ☺️
  • To Work With My Hands To Work With My Hands on Jun 06, 2018
    They would make fantastic storage containers for small craft supplies like beads, buttons, or charms. http://www.toworkwithmyhands.com/2018/01/organizing-your-craft-supplies-part-1.html
  • Janice Janice on Mar 20, 2021

Hi Margaret,

here a multitude of ideas online but a few I've actually used are:

Use to contain loose change in the car to use at drive thru's

Store small items such as buttons, safety pins, paper clips, thumb tacks, etc.

Place an extra key to your home in one and glue small pebbles or rocks onto the lid and bury the container with just the top showing for those "locked-out" issues.

Place any left-over seeds from planting your garden (well-labeled, of course).

Pack several pair of earrings into one bottle for traveling and packing your suitcase.

Use for small amounts of shampoo, conditioner, etc. for travel.