Asked on Jun 5, 2018

I want to redo my laundry room on a limited budget.. suggestions?

Happy Days HometalkerMichelle MastersonKate Hollingsworth
+9

I want to paint and organize. What color would look good? I found some old white cabinets and want to use chalk paint to paint them, but don’t have good luck with wax. What kind of sealer will work best in a laundry room?
q i want to redo my laundry room on a limited budget
  • Doreen Kennedy

Clear polyurethane will work fine. just check the labe to make sure you’re buying clear-non-yellowing polyurethan.

• Joy Elizabeth

Some hanging space and some open shelving in addition to your painted cabinets would look great in your laundry room! Like Doreen said, polyurethane works well over chalkpaint, plus it is more durable than wax.

• Mindshift

Your first problem is the amount of stuff you have in this room. It looks like a hoarder's stash. Why do you have what looks like bath soap in your laundry room? Sort it, move it where it belongs, and dispose of anything you can't use. If you don't know what it is or where it came from it should, at the least, go into the garage.

• Jewell Martin

Color is your choice, of course, but yellow, blue, or green are often used as pastels because they make you think of the outdoors. Rose, pink, turquoise and lilac are pretty colors, too. Just have enough light so you can see stains when you are sorting laundry, and have ventilation from a window, fan, or air conditioner so the steam and damp clothes don’t make the laundry room smell. Best wishes ☺️

• Kate Hollingsworth

If it’s in the budget you could replace the wire shelves with wooden shelves. And if you need hanging room try attaching a curtain rod under the lowest shelf. A fresh coat of white paint on the walls and ceiling always works wonders. I love laundry room makeovers - I hope you post a before and after ☺️xx

• Michelle Masterson

In my area (Central Florida) most laundry rooms are in the garage. I didn't like this closet laundry area - House has been sold but I share with you what I did there.

, Electrical tape yes it takes the heat, Buy one with each pay check til you have what you need to make into shelving Paint a color or stain or as is, Tension bar between crates
  • Happy Days Hometalker

Organize first, everything in a designated place then decorate.